Thursday 24 January 2013

Editing Digipak Cover

Here are some different ideas for my Digipak front cover. I have edited the image on photoshop, experimenting with lots of different effects.
Artistic Effect:
I think this one looks okay, I like how the background is blurred helping to make Jonny stand out more. I have put a brushstroke effect on the image, I think this makes it quite unique and different. However, I found that not many alternative rock covers have an artistic effect and therefore it would mean my cover goes against the ordinary conventions. I feel that the artistic effect sort of makes his face look a bit distorted and it is not as bold and clear as I feel it should be.
Blurred Effect:
I think that the blurred effect looks quite eye catching as it makes the artist really stand out from the background. He comes across as being very clear and bold. However, after getting some feedback about all the different ideas, people felt that he looked as if I have cut around him and then placed him on the background. I didn't like this fact and therefore felt that I would go back to the original non-blurry brick wall background.




Lightened Effect:
This cover is the brightest out of them all, it stands out due to the brightness of the image. I think it is fairly eye catching and like how his face is clearly lit up. His facial expression helps to really draw people in and the lighting helps to achieve this even more. After getting feedback about this cover, I found out from my target audience that they believed it was a bit too bright. They felt the colours should be bolder as at the moment they looked a bit washed out.



Sharp, Bold Effect:
I really like how bold and clear this image is. It stands out a lot and I believe it is successful in attract the target audience. The sharpness of the image helps to make Jonny stand out more and I feel that his facial expression really helps to draw people in. After speaking to my target audience, the majority believed that this cover was the best. They believed it was strong and is the most appealing. Therefore, I have chosen to pick this cover for my digipak.


No comments:

Post a Comment