Thursday 20 December 2012

Album Cover Ideas

For my AS Photogrpahy work, I created some album cover copies. I decided to have a look back at my work to get some inspiration and ideas for my new own album cover. From doing this, I decided that I wanted Jonny to be on the album cover and also for him to be holding the guitar. I felt that this would help to make it link to our video and it is a motif to help protray the genre on the album cover. I like the idea of the blurred background on 'The Clash' cover, I think this really helps to make the person stand out more, so it is something I can consider experimenting with. Also, I like the use of eye contect in the second two covers, I think really helps to attract people in to picking up the album. Furthermore, another important factor is the use of font, from this I decided that I wanted my font to be clear and most probably in capitalised letter. This makes it stand out and makes it extremely clear to read. From thhis, I am going to go on to deconstruct some existing covers and then will start with the creation of mine. I am experiments with using different coloured filters and effects to try and make my album cover look as appealing as possible. I want it to stand out and ensure my target audience like it as they will be the type of people buying the album.  

No comments:

Post a Comment