Saturday 15 September 2012

Looking at photographs

I have done some research on a photographer called Stuart Franklin and have chosen my four favourite images of his. I am going to breifly say what I like about each one below...

I like that this shot is taken from below, looking up at the top of the trees. The angle of the shot helps to make it look more intereseting and also makes the trees look a lot longer. I also like how you can see the light shining through the leave at the top and think that the pattern that it creates looks quite good.






I like the fact that this is a long shot, showing all the buildings in the background. I also like how he has captured the person whilst jumping across the two rocks. I think the long shot helps to show just how big the buildings are in comparison to the kid.  
I really like the effect of the water in this image. The slow shutter speed makes the moving water slightly blurred. I also like how the image has the cliffs around the edges, it's as if they are creating a slight border. The fact that it's in colour also helps to show exactly what it is off.
I like all the cirlce shapes on the floor and think that the pattern of them all together looks really good. I like how it is a mid-long shot, showing just how long the circle bowl type things go on for. I like the fact the image is in black and white, and think that the white circles contrast and stand out a lot in the image.  

No comments:

Post a Comment