Thursday 13 September 2012

Inspiring Photos

I have been looking at lots of existing pop rocks music videos that are based on relationships, in order to gain ideas. I found that Lawson in particular have really inspired me with the creation of our music video. I have got some still shots below which I really like and may consider doing something similar when we come to shotting our video. The still shots are from their music videos, 'When She Was Mine' and 'Taking Over Me'.
This shot is a close-up of a couples faces, the girl is cuddled up to the boyfriend. I really like how this shot emphasises the closeness of the couple, it helps to show the love they share for each other. The fact that the guy has his head titled down looking at the girl, connotes that he cares for her and protects her.
This shot is a close up of the couples hands, the girl is stroking the guys hand. Again, I think this shot really helps to show the closeness of the couple. I think that hands are a good way in displaying peoples love other than having their faces. I would like to include a close up of the couples hands in my video.
In this shot, the boyfriend and girlfriend are looking into eachothers eyes, with their faces being quite close. It looks as if they are about to kiss, and we can tell by their facial expression that they are in love with eachother. I like how their faces fill the whole shot and think that if it wasn't as close-up the effect of the images will be totally different.

This is a wide shot, showing the couple walking along a path. We can see the backs of them, with their arms around each other. This shot helps to give a sense of location and is also helping to connote their closeness. The girl is holding some yellow flowers in this shot, which also could be seen as a symbol of love. In our video, we may consider using flowers as a prop to connote love.
In this shot, the guy is looking through old pictures, remembering 'when she was mine'. I really like the use of having images as a prop and think it helps to show just how much she meant to him. In my video, I am going to consider having the ex boyfriend looking back through old pictures from when he was with his girlfriend.

This shot is of the couple travelling in a car, the girl has her arms wrapped around the boyfriend and is kissing him on the cheek. In this shot, I like the lighting shinning through the car windows and also like the fact that it is a close up shot which just shows their faces.
This is a shot of the couple holding hands, you can see a bit of their bodies from the back and their hands joined together. In the background, it gives you a sense of location, in this particular shot they are walking along the sand in a dessert. I would like to possibly have the couple in our video walking along the beach holding hands.
Lastly, this shot is a close up of the couples faces. I like how the shot is sightly looking up at them so you can see the sky and sun in the background. In this shot, they are looking at eachother smiling. I really like this shot and think it emphasises thier love well. I might consider doing a similar shot for the music video we are creating.

Finally, I really like all of the above still shots and think that their connotations are all very strong. The images have all inspired me and in our video, I plan on having similar shots to really emphasise certain emotions/feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment